ﻣﻮﻗﻊ ﺻﺪﻱ اﻟﺒﻠﺪ

Supervisor
Elham AbolFateh

Middle East

Kuwait on high alert after 2 tankers struck in suspected attacks in Gulf of Oman

Thursday 13/June/2019 - 11:36 AM
Oil tanker in the
Oil tanker in the Gulf of Oman
Translated and Edited by Hassnein Tayea
The Kuwait authorities announced raising the state of emergency after two tankers were hit in suspected attacks in the Gulf of Oman and the crew have been evacuated.

A month after a similar incident has been occurred in which four tankers in the region were struck.

The United Kingdom Maritime Trade Operations، part of the Royal Navy، earlier said it was aware of an incident in the Gulf of Oman.

"UK and its partners are currently investigating،" the group said without elaborating.

U.S. Naval forces are assisting tankers in the Gulf of Oman after receiving two distress calls on Thursday، the U.S. Navy's Bahrain-based Fifth Fleet said.

"We are aware of the reported attack on tankers in the Gulf of Oman. U.S. Naval Forces in the region received two separate distress calls at 6:12a.m. local time and a second one at 7:00 a.m.،" Joshua Frey of the Fifth Fleet said

Two tankers، the Marshal Islands-flagged Front Altair and the Panama-flagged Kokuka Courageous، had been evacuated and the crews were safe، four shipping and trade sources said.
There was no immediate confirmation from ship operators or authorities in Oman or neighboring United Arab Emirates، in whose territorial waters four tankers were hit last month.

Read also

Comments

ads

Poll

What do you think about our new design?

What do you think about our new design?
ads