More Women Accuse Saad Lamjarred of Sexual Assault
Tuesday 12/February/2019 - 02:59 PM
In addition to Laura Prioul and another woman from Saint-Tropez in southern France، several other women declared to the “Sept A Huit” program on French television channel TF1 that Moroccan pop singer Saad Lamjarred had raped them، morocco world news reported.
The Sept A Huit program dedicated a report، called “Saad Lamjarred، star and rapist?” to the singer’s rape scandals on Sunday.
The report provided testimonials from Lamjarred’s first French plaintiff، Laura Prioul، who had agreed to speak up in an interview with the Sept A Huit.
Prioul، who had already released online her version of the story in a video in 2016، told Sept A Huit that after she posted the video، other women contacted her، saying that they were also victims of Lamjarred، including “a Moroccan woman and an Algerian woman.”.
Prioul said that she still continues to receive harsh and insulting messages ever since she posted the video.
Sept A Huit reported that its journalists received emails from women who said they were raped by the Moroccan star.
Lamjarred’s Saint Tropez accuser، a young French seasonal worker، has declined to speak out about the rape to the media.
The report stated that Lamjarred “has been shielded” by Moroccan authorities but still “lost many of his fans.” French news channel LCI described his rape cases as an instance of “omerta” in which there was a conspiracy to protect Lamjarred from facing justice، a circumstance his accusers have denounced.
The 33-year-old singer، who has been in and out of jail several times since his first arrest for the sexual assault of Prioul، spent more than two months in southern France’s Draguignan prison، following his second arrest on rape charges last August 26.
On December 5، the French judicial system released Lamjarred on probation after he paid a €150،000 bail bond.
Following his release، many Moroccan celebrities congratulated Lamjarred through social media posts، welcoming him back. Lamjarred’s first rape accusation came in 2010 in New York. US prosecutors dropped the case when the plaintiff withdrew her testimony.