ﻣﻮﻗﻊ ﺻﺪﻱ اﻟﺒﻠﺪ

Supervisor
Elham AbolFateh

Middle East

France comments on convicting on suspects of murdering Khashoggi

Thursday 15/November/2018 - 05:46 PM
Sada El Balad
Mohamed Emad

French Foreign Ministry said on Thursday that the investigation into the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi moves in the right direction.

Earlier، the Saudi prosecutor said he had called for the death penalty for five out of 11 people charged with Khashoggi's murdering at the Saudi consulate in Istanbul last month.

"We demand that responsibilities be clearly defined and that the culprits be held accountable in a real trial،" French Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Agnes von der Mol told reporters in a daily statement.

"The announcement by the Saudi authorities that 18 people have been arrested in connection with the investigation is moving in the right direction،" she said.

Noteworthy، the representative of the Saudi Public Prosecution، Shulaan Al-Shalaan، on Thursday revealed the details of the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

He explained during a press conference، that the incident began on September 29، 2018; when the former deputy chief of intelligence ordered to return Khashoggi to Saudi Arabia، whether by persuasion or force.

The commander of the mission formed three groups; every group consists from 5 people “negotiating، intelligence and logistics group."


Comments

ads

Poll

What do you think about our new design?

What do you think about our new design?
ads